Sunday, February 14, 2010

Aman Ki Asha Is a Good Concept


When I was in school, I had once read in one of the books that the God of War has victory in one hand and defeat in another, but the God of Peace has victory in both hands. I support Aman Ki Asha not because I am partial towards India, but because I am in favor of India and my heart tells me that the only way both the countries can progress is through peace. Of course, many would not agree with my point of view because of the terrorism that happens in India and that many innocent Indians have been slaughtered by terrorists from the other side, but we should realize that terrorists have no nationality and they have no religion.

I strongly condemn the terrorist activities that happen in India and I am as much angry as you are when we see any news about bomb blasts or hostage situation in any part of India because I am an Indian first, but rather than pointing fingers at each other its time that both India and Pakistan should work together to eradicate this evil called cross-border terrorism that has plagued both the countries for more than sixty years. Aman ki Asha is a noble concept that works harder to try and develop friendly relations between India and Pakistan because it is peace that will take both India and Pakistan to the next level of economic development and success.

Undoubtedly, the governments of both the countries have to support each other to ensure that they together wipe out any discrepancies that causes any kind of hindrance in the way of peace talks. Pakistan government should realize that only if they support India that they will be able to resolve all the outstanding issues and that peace with India will only give them more stability to come up as one of the emerging countries in South Asia. As per the public polls done by Aman ki Asha more than 73 percent of people in Pakistan would like to have better relations with India which clearly shows us a different picture than what Indian media shows us on television.

Political parties like Shiv Sena and MNS who often voice their feelings for national pride should ask themselves if they have ever helped their community members rather than thinking about helping the entire India. It really makes me laugh when I hear such people talking about the development of India who even fear to come out and travel different places. Hence, it is the people of India who should realize that we can together make a difference which will give our future generations a happy place to live in.

No comments:

Post a Comment